Saturday, April 15, 2017

Born to Lead, The Honourable John Horgan.


 _Reposted on May 28th/2017......______________________________________________

 April 13th/2011


 Born To Lead, The Honourable John Horgan

Written by Grant G...


Well here we go, coming down to the wire in the NDP leadership contest, three men left standing, Adrian Dix, Mike Farnworth and John Horgan, three superstars in their own right, let`s break down the nuts and bolts and get into meat of things.....

Adrian Dix, a pit bull, antagonistic, aggressive and capable, however, unfortunately Adrian brings out visceral feelings in people, he`s a love em or hate em type guy and those who hate him really hate him, personally speaking if Adrian didn`t have two sets of baggage with him I might have considered voting for him, the first set is the infamous memo-gate, Dix back dated a memo to cover Glen Clark`s rear end and got caught, that wasn`t a mistake of spoken words it was planned and executed, the Liberals will key on that in election ads and it will hurt, actually it`s probably fatal, that would be hard enough to overcome by itself but when you add in the sack of cash separate from the stack of memberships Adrian dropped off at the deadline for new members, I`ve been told a few hundred of those ballots have been rejected...I suspect the BC Liberals would run an election ad like this....The caption, (A young Adrian Dix), they show a young Adrian sneaking into an office using white out on a document then return it to the file, then the next caption...(An older Adrian Dix)..They show a man with sacks of cash and stacks of memberships laughing and tee heeing, it would doom our party..But Adrian Dix would be a marvelous health minister.

 Mike Farnworth, a fine man, dedicated, friendly and boring, he calls himself the most electable, actually he`s most like Carole James, too much like Carole James for me, Farnworth talks tough but he portrays weakness and mushy policies, his policies are good on paper but verbally not, his next liability is his speaking, he`s not bad with a practiced script but on his feet he`s mister eer and umm on every other word, it comes across badly, at least in my eyes and ears it does, liability number three, he`s gay, a life long partner, I would like to stress that it doesn`t matter to me but it will matter to some, probably at least 5% percentage points will shun Farnsworth because he is gay, imagine trying to win with Christy Clark and her family values routine and favourable press with CKNW, CTV, Global, Vancouver sun and Province, you might think I am over playing that angle but you would be wrong, let me give you an example of what the media is prepared to do for Christy Clark, let`s call it a Professional set, a professional picture, her make-up is perfect, let`s say she`s wearing a hockey jersey and talks about her son Hamish and their love of the game of hockey and they splash that on the front page, the media wouldn`t run puff pieces like that would they?....Think again, take a gander at this, no need to read the story just check out the picture.

Shocking eh, look how the Province newspaper tries to connect Christy to canuck fever, what a staged picture, no bloody way was that was some media scrum photo, i`ll bet they took 50 shots from different angles and picked the best, the lighting was perfect, the story was syrupy drivel,  so that is what Farnworth is up against, Christy and family against alternative lifestyle Mike, just imagine what the likes of a Phil Hocstein could do with that, can you imagine what ads he would run, remember his tactics in Ida Chong`s riding, heck, that was a vicious attack ad on a recall campaign, just imagine in a general election and especially if it was a close contest... The BC Liberals muse about running a positive campaign, I`ll bet dollars to doughnuts that the next Provincial election will be the dirtiest campaign on record, Farnworth also has ties to bingo-gate, regular readers here know already about the Farnworth tapes Global news has in their possession, it`s video of Jas Johal running after Farnworth who ducks into a car and speeds away, it`s a pretty damning video, it can and would be spun to high heaven. We can`t afford to give any percentages away if we want to win.

Then we get to the Honourable John Horgan, the man has a way of drawing your attention, he`s a policy hawk, the best speaker of the three, he speaks in clear positive terms and his platform is solid and complete, no mushy middle, some have said he has a temper, I have never seen it, he`s answered all my requests for years now, he`s open, friendly, easy to access, he never dodges a question, Gordon Wilson recently did a hatchet job on Horgan citing his temper, if he had one 15 years ago I don`t know, I consider Horgan`s speaking and style as...Politely firm, the other advantage Horgan has is his memory, he can pull accurate stats and minute details from thin air at will, another big plus for John Horgan is no baggage, no memo gate, no bingo gate, no membership snafu, everywhere Horgan has gone he has won over the crowd and dominated the debates, I have heard from people all over this Province who never knew Horgan but after an hour or two hearing him speak he won them over, that folks is a quality that can`t be manufactured  either you are born with or not, ...... John Horgan has a pretty wife and she`s real folksy, two good sons, he`s also a bladder cancer surviver, he`s a fighter!....Horgan knows the value of public health care, his number one goal is to preserve public health....

On the economic front we have a BC Hydro problem, no one has more experience than John on electricity, he`s been energy critic for years and he was on the energy file in the 90s, only Horgan can clean up the BC Hydro disaster Gordon Campbell created, John is on the record as saying that every secret IPP power buying contract will be reviewed and if deemed not in the public interest they will be renegotiated no matter what, Horgan will peg the price to the spot market, no more power losses.

I know many of you may choose Dana Larsen, you may like Adrian, some like Farnworth, I like Horgan but for me it`s not about favorites it`s about winning the next election, we can`t afford as a Province to lose, BC is spiraling out of control under the BC liberals, I implore all NDP voters to vote with their heads and keep emotions out of the picture, whatever happens happens, we have one more chance, let`s get it right this time.

The list of Horgan's endorsements is long..Nicholas Simons, Harry Lali, Dana Larsen(who is still in the race).The Corrigans, Kathy and Derick, Burnaby city council, Dan Miller, Shane Simpson, Robin Austin,   
 Gary Coons, Maurine Karagianis,Scott Fraser, Bill Routley, Claire Trevena, former MPs Bob Skelly, Ray Skelly, Jim Manly, Construction trades council executive Tom Sigurdson, former NDP cabinet ministers Elizabeth Cull, Ann Edwards, Paul Ramsey, BCGEU general secretary John Flyer, CUPE president Paul Faoro, economist John Summerville, and this endorsement..and many many more, he`s attracted both our union brothers and a little business, he has dissidents and superstars, Horgan has a way of attracting people from both sides, in fact even the BC Liberals showed Horgan respect in the house.

Anyway, I`m not easily won over but I`ll tell you what, I was so impressed with John Horgan years ago and he has gotten stronger, better, sharper, he so impressed me I wrote this story in January 2009, a full year before the NDP cleansing, Carole was still in charge, the NDP were united, I wrote a hypothetical story about John Horgan becoming the new NDP leader and I find it a bit of a coincidence, I dated my hypothetical story (authored by Vawn Pawmer).March/15/2010...I was only out a year, I also wrote this story as well, it was called, "Born to Lead" and again that was well before any NDP infighting, that story was dated March 11/2010...A year before the squabbling.

Maybe I knew something then, like a vision, John Horgan emailed me at the time about those two stories I wrote last year, he thanked me for them, he was very gracious but he told me over and over again,

"The job is filled and Carole James is our leader"

I respected his solid support of Carole James especially since at that time I was very critical of Carole James but I remember like it was yesterday, in our email conversation, I told the Honourable John Horgan....

You were born to lead, you have a rare quality that can`t be manufactured, it`s a gift, use it, you have a unique karma, you don`t know it yet but you will be premier of British Columbia.

And the man has answered all my questions I`ve asked of him ever since, he`s not in my riding but he still answered all my requests and promptly, not just automated responses but thorough responses with clear details, Horgan does not hide, he`s a straight shooter and I fully endorse him and I hope all you fellow NDP members will support John Too!

The Straight Goods

Cheers Eyes Wide Open

35 comments:

Elwood said...

Grant, I'm all back for John again. Did you see Glowball News last night? They did a story on Farnworth and talked about his "life-long gay partner". Farnworth will be nothing more than Carole James in drag.

motorcycleguy said...

I am fully supporting Horgan....for all the reasons you mention. Count me as one of the disenchanted that Horgan was able to mobilize. There are many more like me. Horgan will be able to get out a higher number of voters than we have seen for some time now...he will have a great team more than willing to back him up.....BC'ers will be proud to have a very professional Horgan represent our position in the world.... without compromise of our social values or integrity.

Anonymous said...

Spellcheck? H.o."r".g . a. n.

Hehe. Still haven't gotten my PIN # for voting; reupped in January and they've lost the applications for my family and some other people too apparently. Sigh.

Hope we get it so we can vote for John.

Grant G said...

Thanks for the spell check advice, actually spell check wouldn`t help me there...

I`m on 38 hours with no sleep, I wrote this post at 4:00am to 6:am this morning...

And as for a PIN number, both my mom and dad are waiting for PINS...Their credit cards had the membership fee on them, there is a trouble line at the BC NDP web site..

All is good.

Cheers

JonH said...

Horgan because of his virtues of truthfulness, integrity and foresight ( unlike any of the BC Liberals who can only see what's in it for them) will receive the support of all my family as the leader of the NDP in the next election. If people cannot see that he best represents the direction that this Province must head to hold onto hope of a better future after "10 years of corruption" at the hands of the BC Liberals they need to give their head a shake.

Grant G said...

Gawd, what a dork I am to mess up the title(fixed now), when I write articles I just start hammering the keyboard, my titles come last hence the error.

Well, I have been a little bleary Eyed more than once in my life, ah but I digress.

Thanks for tuning in.

Leah said...

I voted for John on the 11th, for the reasons you've stated...and because he took the time to answer my questions (some tough ones too!) without a single um, er, uh,...or any other hesitant sound. He knows what he knows..and in my opinion, no one else comes close.

Like you, I have been concerned about Mike's relationship and how there will be some that will vote against him for that very reason. I have NO issues with his lifestyle whatsoever, as long as he's personally happy in it - I wish him nothing but the very best. As much as he may be a great person (I have no doubt)...a win by Mike would make me really nervous come election time. And you're right, media will find a way to bring that to the fore, and feed those with an idiotic bias...to the good of the liberal party once again.

As you say, Adrian would make a wonder Health Minister, perfectly suited to it. Premier? No.

Sooooooo much is riding on this leadership contest this time. We had a really nice lady in the chair for a long time, but I hope we learned that "nice" doesn't cut it. Especially against the Kinsella, Hochstein, Morgan machine. Christy is just a puppet that yaps when they want her to, so I'm not really concerned about her once the writ is dropped. Her puppet masters, her PAB, and her ProMedia will be a huge mountain to climb...let's hope this time the truth will set us free as a Province.

You can bet the next election will border on filthy by the end of it. As in filthy tricks.

Anonymous said...

I too will vote for John Horgan. BC citizens long for, a good and honest premier. John will do his very best to set BC right.

We all know what a mess Campbell and the BC Liberals, have made. It will be, a giant and terrible chore to try and undo the wretched condition of our, once lovely province that, Campbell and the BC Liberals have so destroyed.

The corruption in this province, has run amok. Our valuable assets and resources, have been fraudulently thieved and sold, right out from under us.

Campbell twice lied, to win two separate elections. He is a monster, and will stay a monster, in the eyes of the BC people.

Christy Clark, praised that monster to the nth degree. There is no way, we can possibly trust her either. I have read many times, she and her brother were in on the crime, of Campbell's corrupt sale of the BCR. Christy endorses this by, her refusal to allow a criminal investigation, to clean that cesspool up.

John Horgan, is totally trustworthy. He is kind, and cares deeply for this beautiful province, and the people in it. Believe you me, the BC people have seen no kindness nor caring, from the BC Liberals. Perhaps, John can get our media, to clean up their act as well. They are a disgrace to their professions. Shame on them!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I, too, noticed the blatant photo-op on the Province front page today. It is clear whom the owners are supporting. Message to the Province...
You lose subscribers when you show your obvious bias. I will be calling the businesses advertising in todays paper and explaining to them why I will not be supporting their business. As a follow up, I just might tune in to NW for the first time in 20 years and calling up your advertisers and let them know how I feel about NW.
Readers here should also be doing this. Shame on the Province. Shame on NW.

Kim said...

Grant, great piece, sleepless or no! May I link it to the following post?
http://sistersagesmusings.ca/2011/04/13/bcndp-leadership/

Grant G said...

You don`t have to ask...Spread the word.

Anonymous said...

I had all but given up on the NDP like many others. Then along comes John Horgan. Finally a man with both feet firmly on the ground. A man with a head on his shoulders. A man that can speak plainly and clearly, with conviction. A man unafraid to answer tough questions. I am very impressed with John and agree that he is a born leader. I firmly believe he is our only hope of getting our province back to a semblance of what it once was. I would love to see him debate Christy. He would calmly tear her to shreds, easily and confidently, with a charming smile on his face.

Kim said...

Done. I feel pretty good about the momentum of this campaign. Thank you Grant.

Anonymous said...

Sorry anon 11:12.

There is no way Christy will debate with anyone. Her refusal to, have a review of the BCR scam, would sink her in less than a minute. Don't forget her praise of Campbell, that really sunk her in a lot of BC citizens minds as well. People lost their ray of hope of, Christy putting this province right, for the sake of the people. She is keeping the HST that was stolen from us, to give to Harper. Global Governance for Canada, is Harper's true agenda. So far, all Christy has done is pose in hockey gear. What in the hell good, does that do for the rotten mess our province is in?

Why did not Campbell, call for a fall sitting of the Legislature? He knew he would be slaughtered if he did. Same with Christy, she has been dodging bullets, from her first day in office. This is why Christy will fail, her governments foundation, has been been built on, Campbell's old and corrupt governments lies and deceit.

I am full of hope, with John Horgan in the running. John would tie Christy in a knot, within two minutes. She will not chance that debate. Every time Campbell did a dirty nasty thing to the people, he would cut and run, and, left others do his dirty work for him. I don't see Christy, being any different.

Anonymous said...

Still have received our PINs (see spellcheck post above)....kinda irritating considering my partner acted as financial agent a number of times for provincial candidates....sigh...will keep you posted

Anonymous said...

To anonymous 9:30 AM
I too had problems getting registered to vote. Phone this number and they will straighten it out: the voting help line (1-888-281-8683)
I phoned the second number and they emailed it to me practically right away.

Anyone interested in the real reason NATO (and us) is bombing Libya?
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article27881.htm
It surprised me because I didn't realize how much better they have it there than we have it here.

Anonymous said...

Grant, I took note of your earliest observations and comments on the character, abilities and potential of Mr Horgan, and have watched closely since then his performance in the Legislature, in Question Period and most recently his campaigning for the NDP leadership.

You are absolutely right on, he will make a great leader of the BC NDP. He shows the integrity and smarts to bring together the party, and excite the BC electorate with his vision, straight talk and honesty.

What a breath of fresh air that will be from the deceit, double-talk, spin and self-interest we have suffered for over a decade. He is my hope and choice to lead and inspire all British Columbians to a better future.

On a side note, an example of a self-interested, self-inflated, corrupt and/or incompetent (I think on the evidence-both) politician like Kash Heed.... well he should be putout to pasture, better yet boiled down to glue.

Really enjoy your blog, thanks. You are a great antidote to the lazy MSM pundits who tell it like it isn't. Keep up the great work.

Anonymous said...

If Farnworth wins expect front page pictures of Svend Robinson and Farnworth with an article about gay politicians in the NDP with copious mention of Svend's shoplifting.

Elwood said...

Grant, brain-dead Barry Penner is quoted this morning saying that the LIEberals will give us the "Straight Goods" on the HST. LOL

Grant G said...

That`s good, I have the Straight Goods on the HST, dozens of articles here.

Barry Penner...The man is stunned, seriously, Barry Penner is a buffoon...

HST is going down period...22 months since they announced the HST and still 70% are strongly opposed.

Bring Barry Buffoon

Grant G said...

That last line was meant to say...

Barry Buffoon Penner, BRING IT ON!

Spellcheck said...

Well, I had a call and I've finally been assigned pin #'s for voting; just got the email. Now, do I vote absentee or should I wait for Sunday. Please note I will no longer be "anonymous". Gonna be.....

Grant G said...

That`s fantastic...I voted Monday, My Mom voted yesterday and Dear old Dad voted today.

Horgan was our first choice, then Larsen..then ?..Then?

I`m glad you got your PIN...Anyone who hasn`t got a pin call the NDP and raise hell.

I recommend voting advance, there is after all a Sunday Canuck Hockey game, unless you are going to the convention.

Either way, you can`t complain unless you vote.

Myself....I`m resting, Elections Canada has promoted me upwards for the Federal election..

Nothing like seeing Democracy in action.

Cheers

Anonymous said...

I voted for John,too.

Spellcheck said...

Voted....for John Horgan....

Grant G said...

Thanks Spellcheck, you made the only REAL choice.

Anonymous said...

Our family voted the exact same way you did Grant. Today is the day that hopefully the NDP membership votes for John Horgan. If not this province is in for one hell of a ride with Crusty at the helm. Hey thanks for the spot on your blog, much appreciated maybe you could pass it along to your fellow bloggers for consideration. Have a great day everyone and select John Horgan.

Anonymous said...

They all come around sooner or later Grant lol.
http://alexgtsakumis.com/2011/04/16/tsakumis-endorses-horgan-the-bcndps-last-chance/

Greg Mills said...

There is word that Eby may be the new leader. He doesn't represent the NDP past.(oh those terrible 90's when there were jobs and houses were almost affordable).They should have gone after the debt constantly. We are now at $170 Billion , thats $35,000 per person. The buried costs are close to $100 million.And whats up with these balanced budgets , if you are so good why not run surpluses. Only 2 assets of value left to sell ICBC and LCB. They sure did a great job of running hydro into the ground




http://thecanadian.org/item/2045-bc-liberal-legacy-a-huge-debt-burden

Anonymous said...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Agreed. Eby is youthful, and no baggage I am aware of.
I think he is safe after final count.

chuckstraight said...

David Eby for leader, and time for big houseclean re: Sihota and others.

Leah said...

Not sure why all the hoopla concerning Eby...people not doing their due diligence I guess. If he becomes leader, the NDP is done. Permanently. As in DOA, not revivable. Think Dix's twin brother...that will be his affect on the majority of BC'ers, and the Libs will win yet another election.

Grant G said...

You are correct Leah..

John Horgan is the only stallion in the stable capable of winning..

David Eby makes one good statement and some fall for it.

Eby is not the answer.

Cheers

broke and angry said...

same ol in BC the rich getting richer at the expense of the poor
Remember the NDP saying they wouldn't take the pay hike and turned around and took it anyway. Hmmm. I took that personally and lost all faith at that point in the system of gov and political parties in this province and this country we mistakenly call a democracy.
Ya I hate the liberals it's personal. I want gordie the drunk to suffer. really suffer right along with Crispie Cluk and her MLA's. I hope they all die a horrible painful death and the sooner the better. The liberals took my home away from us and left us poverty stricken and when they did their slash and grab we ended up on welfare . So within two yrs after burning up our mutual funds, savings, bonds etc . to try and save our home for our children and grandchildren we were left with nothing at all except our clothes and a few meager possessions.
Now I'm 62 my health is failing as is my wifes. We have no future at all and retirement is looking very bleak. Our only hope is the lottery and if we won Canada and BC would be nothing but a bad memory. Ya we would gladly leave this sh-ithole of a country and live elsewhere in comfort and freedom even though our family has been here for over one hundred yrs. Ok then here's the deal Horgan, you want our vote ok no problem Give us back our home complete with the in- ground solar heated concrete pool give us compensation for the last almost 20 yrs of suffering and misery the liberals AND NDP have caused and you have my vote. Other than that come next election I will attempt to sell my vote for $100,000 and will vote anyway the customer wants . After all it's capitalism now right? and you guys are all on board for that one, just like the liberals right?
The type of government that this country has is outdated and seriously flawed to the point that patching it with yet more legislation is pointless. It's past time for a real democracy.

Anonymous said...

https://twitter.com/PalbergWERX/status/853992620858781696


bc vote splitting